Pazo do Bispo de Quito

Pazo do Bispo Quito

If we go through the medieval streets of the historic district of Padron, near Santiago Church, located on Rúa das Dores, there rises up an urban manor, the Bishop of Quito’s Palace.

Built in 1666, this Renaissance building, designed by Melchor Velasco Agüero, was owned by Alonso de la Peña and Montenegro, who was a bishop and the rector of the University of Santiago de Compostela as well as a field marshal in Quito, where he died in 1688. Although the Church of Santa María A Maior de Iria Flavia houses the bishop of Quito’s sarcophagus, it was not possible to bring his body back to our country.

N

Access

Easily accessible, on foot

Time

Outdoor visit

Rúa das Dores, 30
15900 Padrón, A Coruña

GPS: 42.739401, -8.660457

Additional information

Year of construction: 1666